Frequently Asked Questions

Who can enroll in CalPac?

Students in grades TK-12 who are 18 and under can attend California Pacific Charter - Sonoma. Students must live in the service area, and must be able to provide a proof of residence within one of the following counties: 

  • Sonoma
  • Marin
  • Lake
  • Solano
  • Contra Costa
  • Napa
  • Mendocino 

What documents are required to enroll?

  • Proof of Residency
  • Birth Certificate
  • Immunization Record
  • Oral Health Report Form or waiver (TK, K and 1st Grade only)
  • Health Exam Form/Waiver (TK, K and 1st Grade only)
  • Unofficial Transcripts (High School only, recommended-NOT Required)
  • IEP or 504 documents (if applicable, recommended-NOT Required)

What programs are available at CalPac Sonoma?

CalPac offers two programs:

  1. K-12 Online Program that provides a prescribed curriculum for each grade level with weekly support for students and parents.  To learn more, click here ((route to online “how it works”))
  2. K-12 Independent Home Study (Homeschool) program that provides instructional funding that allows parents flexibility and choice to select curriculum and a learning style that is personalized to each student.  This is supported by a highly qualified, California credentialed teacher.

Do you offer a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program?

Students must turn 5 between September 2-December 2. Kindergarten age-eligible students are allowed to choose TK if their 5th birthday is between June 1st-September 1st; however, they must sign the Kindergarten Continuance Form verifying that the parent/guardian agrees to have his/her child continue in kindergarten for one additional year. Students may not be promoted directly from TK to 1st grade.

For students with their 5th birthday after December 2nd, they must enter TK on or after their 5th birthday. If a student turns 5 after September 1st, entering kindergarten is not an option, they must enroll in TK.

To enroll in Kindergarten, students must turn 5 on or before September 1st.

Do students have to attend state testing in person?

All students are required to attend California state testing (or complete an alternative assessment on the same test dates and locations). State-required testing must be completed at one of our pre-arranged locations and may not be taken from home.

The dates for administration of these tests are set by the state and will be on the calendar at the beginning of the school year.  When state testing is required, students and parents must arrange for transportation to and from the nearest testing location. For more information, please see our Assessment page.